EONS ago, the fabulous Little Augury tagged me with the "Kreativ Blogger" tell-everyone-7-things-about-yourself thing. (Thanks for thinking of me, I'm flattered!) Again, that was weeks ago, but better late than never, right? So, seven visual tidbits, some with explanations, some without...
2. I love looking at photographs of other people's desks. I guess it's only fair that I show you my own:
3. Clearly, I have a tendency to overindulge in the accessory department. There are heaps of jewelry everywhere. On my desk, my bureau, my bedside table, under the bed, in the closet, hanging from the dummy, attached to the chandelier... It's gotten to be a problem.
4. Incidentally, I also love looking at books hidden in corners and crevices of photoshoots, almost as much as I enjoy a good desk shot. I always wonder which books the owner has read, which are purely props, and which are BIBLES (because everyone's got those, right?). As far as this stack goes: I adore Anthony Burgess (oh my god, he's hilarious) and I have yet to work my way through Edith Sitwell, despite an embarrassing number of attempts. Regarding some of the misfit books: once upon a time I was a cognitive science major at Vassar. I LOVED studying it, but a life of research isn't so much my cup of tea.
5. Cloisonné vases, capodimonte floral porcelain, and turquoise foo dogs/figurines (to which I affectionately refer as "the foo family") are not just for old ladies.
6. More than anything else, I value a sense of humor. This has resulted in my love and appreciation of some horrendously tacky things. Like hair metal, sequins, enormous furs, hot pants, and Todd Oldham's apartment c. '92. A shoot for another day.
7. I show a lot of color on this blog, but I wear none. Gotta love those blacks, grays, taupes, ivories, and weird murky shades in between. My favorite designers? Riccardo Tisci, Rick Owens, Junya Watanabe...